About Janusz Jędrzejowski
Janusz Jędrzejowski – sculptor – born 04.10.1956 in Zakopane, Poland.
Member of Polish Artists Association. Teacher at the Antoni Kenar National High School of Arts in Zakopane.
I work with wood and metal. Recently I have been dealing with computer graphics.
I’ve presented my sculptures on dozens of collective exhibitions and four individual ones organized in the country and abroad. Author of the memorial table, commemorating the 75th death anniversary of Marie Curie in France in Sancellemoz, Plateau de Assy Passy.
I live and work in Zakopane.
My creating is for me a sort of self- recognition, an act of cross – passing of my ego, searching for truth, endless aiming and the only way towards the truth. My carving is free, undefined and undeclared expression, in which my private inner world appears to me through symbols and allegories. Memory and imagination, or rather imagination of memory, are basic elements of my creation. “Memories are the only paradise, which we cannot be expelled from”- Nikos Kazantzakis – “Greek Zorba”. To this thought, I would add imagination. – Janusz Jędrzejowski
Graduated from Antoni Kenar National High School of Arts In Zakopane-1976. Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow – carving 2009. Diploma in the workshop of professor Józef Murzyn.
For me, creativity is a kind of self-knowledge, an act of going beyond me, seeking the truth - an irresistible pursuit and the only way to it. My sculpture is unconstrained, free expression, during which my own inner world is revealed to me through symbols and allegories.
The realistic sculptural form of my compositions, based on the human figure, is consistent with my view of the world. I see the world primarily through a person involved in it. Like many sculptors, I also feel an irresistible need to create a person-shaped on his own pattern and likeness. Man has felt this need practically since the dawn of time, sort of out or repeating the work of the Creator.
Participation in exhibitions:
1998-2001 - a series of exhibitions organized by the directorate of PLSP A. Kenara under the joint title "At the turn of the millennium" - Zakopane, Nowy Targ, Kraków, Ostrołęka, Tarnowskie Góry, and Sandomierz.
2002 - "Portrait in the work of Zakopane artists", Municipal Art Gallery in Zakopane.
- "Strug" Gallery in Zakopane - "Evening landscapes"
- VIII Cracow Triennial of Religious Art
- Graduate exhibition - Municipal Art Gallery in Zakopane - "Woodcarving school - Kenara school".
2003 - Municipal Art Gallery in Zakopane - "Symbiotic triptych"
exhibition of ZPAP members from the Zakopane district
- "Strug" Gallery - "Thresholds of amazement, admiration and trust" / along the paths of the "Roman Triptych"
- XIV Biennale Internazionale Dantesca - "European Dante" - Ravenna
- III International Biennial of Contemporary Medal - Seixal - Portugal.
2004 - MOK Dębica Gallery - Artists from the Tatra Mountains in Dębica Municipal Art Gallery in Zakopane - "Eternal inspiration".
- Exhibition of PLSP teachers' work - Rohrbach-Weistrach Castle - Austria.
2005 - Municipal Art Gallery in Zakopane - "Presence |" - exhibition of ZPAP members
- IX Krakow Triennial of Religious Sculpture - collective exhibition.
2008 - City Gallery - Opole
- X Triennial of Sacred Art - Palace of Arts in Krakow
- Sculptural outdoor "Tree-wood" - Ciechanów.
2009 - Zakopane in Kremnica - Slovakia
- Outdoor sculpture - Ciechanów, Pola lednickie, Legnica
2010 - Zakopane "Strug" Gallery - "Let's get to know each other", exhibition of the works of ZSP teachers A. Kenara
- Bayonne, France - exhibition of works and sculptural plein-air of ZSP teachers A. Kenara
- ZSP Rzeszów City Gallery - exhibition of works of teachers of ZSP named after A. Kenara.
2011 - ZSP Gallery in Jasło and Tarnowskie Góry - exhibition of works of ZSP teachers A. Kenara
2012- Ministry of Culture and National Heritage - Warsaw - an exhibition of works of ZSP teachers, A. Kenara.
- "New Opening" - a national exhibition of the works of ZPAP members organized on the occasion of the centenary of the union - Warsaw.
2013 - Exhibition of the works of ZSP teachers A. Kenara - Krosno.
2014 - Jędrzejowski, Mrowca, Cukier, September - exhibition of works in Schwabisch Gmunde - Germany
- Exhibition dedicated to the beatification of John Paul II - Strug gallery - Zakopane
2015 - "At the hand of our professors", an exhibition of teachers of arts subjects, organized by junior high school students - Galeria "Strug" Zakopane and Gallery of the Provincial Public Library in Krakow.
- "John Paul II in the work of artists - professors of the Antoni Kenar Art School Complex in Zakopane" - GOK Biały Dunajec.
2017-2019 - participation in a series of medal exhibitions - "Conversations with John Paul II".
2006 - Municipal Art Gallery - Zakopane
- Karwacjanów Manor - Gorlice
- MOK -Dębica Gallery
2007- Galeria Władysława Hasiora- Zakopane
2013 - Manor of Karwacjanów and Gładyszów - Gorlice
2015 - GOKR - Kościelisko
2016 - BWA - Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski
Plaque commemorating the 75th anniversary of the death of M. Skłodowska-Curie-France
Plaque patron of the school Mariusz Zaruski - Zakopane
Plaque patron of the school Pope John Paul II - Ochotnica
Plaque patron of the school Pope John Paul II - Zaskale
Commemorative plaque Zdzisław Dziedzielewicz- Wiktorówki Zakopane
Memorial plaque Józef Frączek - Wiktorówki Zakopane
Memorial plaque Józef Piłsudski - 100 years of regaining independence - Bukowina Tatrzańska
40th International Mountain Folklore Festival - jubilee statuette
"Zbyrcok" statuette for the best band - International Mountain Folklore Festival
Co-author - "Marka Tatrzańska" - for the best entrepreneur in the Tatra poviat
3E statuette for the best office furniture designer in the country
"Zakopaneers to Adam Małysz on March 26, 2011" - statuette commissioned by the Tatra Chamber of Commerce
"The best oscypek" - TARPIK statuette of the Tatra poviat
"Zakopane without barriers" - a medal commissioned by the Municipality of Zakopane
"For work for the school" - commemorative medal for the ZSP A. Kenara in Zakopane
Awards and Highlights
Medal of the Polish Minister of Culture "Distinguished for Polish culture"