Shipping Insurance Policy
In addition to the standard freight liability, we financial protection to our customers against all risks of physical shipment loss or damage, from any external cause.
Shipment Insurance is mandatory for express parcels, although some restrictions and limitations may apply. These will depend on the destination and contents of the shipment. Our Shipment Insurance meets the general requirements for loss and damage to goods in transit. Protection is effective from the time the courier has control or possession of the shipment until the time of delivery. Physical loss or damage of goods is covered, subject to specific limitations and exclusions.
Limitations and exclusions
Shipment Insurance covers items in transit worldwide, although temporary restrictions may apply from time to time as a consequence of, but not limited to, political, terrorist, nuclear and war risks, or on the advice of government officials. It does not cover the following:
- ordinary leakage
- the loss in weight or volume, or wear and tear of the shipment
- loss, damage or expense caused by insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the shipment
- loss, damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the shipment
- loss, damage or expense attributable to the willful misconduct by the customer or its agents
- loss, damage or expense caused by delay
- loss, damage or expense arising from the use of any atomic or nuclear weapon or radioactivity.
The basis of loss settlement
- The cover is limited to the value declared by the shipper, replacement cost, invoice value or actual cash value whichever is the lowest. Evidence may be requested to substantiate the declared value in the event of a claim.
- In the event of the total loss of your shipment, with Shipment Insurance, you will also be entitled to a refund of the shipping charge. In the event of a partial loss, you will be entitled to a refund of the relevant proportion of the shipping charge. – When more than one shipment that is covered is subject to lose or damage arising from a single event, the maximum aggregate compensation for all such shipments is limited to 5 million EUR.
Restrictions and Exclusions for Shipment Insurance
Excluded Countries: The Shipment Insurance program is not available for imports, exports, domestic transits or storage for the following countries:
- North Korea
The Shipment Insurance program can provide coverage for international shipments from the time they are loaded onto or off of an international flight in Iraq or Afghanistan. However, domestic or inland transit coverage within Iraq and/or Afghanistan is not automatically covered but may be obtained on a case by case basis. In order to obtain inland transit coverage, please contact your local Customer Service to discuss with the Risk Management team. Inland transit coverage must be agreed in writing with DHL before any transport of the Shipment.
How to make a claim
If you wish to make a claim, you should always notify BeArte Gallery as soon as possible, but in any event, no later than 14 calendar days from the date that we accepted the shipment. We recommend that you contact us as soon as you have discovered the damage and provide documentation in the form of photographs. Also, please keep the reservation for the shipment when you receive it, with the driver, if you have any doubts about the shipment being damaged.